The Bar Harbor Garden Club was organized in 1934. We are located on Mount Desert Island off the coast of Maine.
Today, our year-round garden club has grown to one-hundred members. We have no residency restrictions, offer interesting programs on various topics the second Thursday of the month from September through May (our club year), and may organize field trips in the summertime. The communities we serve include the towns of Bar Harbor, Mount Desert, Southwest Harbor, Tremont, and the nearby town of Trenton.
Our mission is to promote the love of horticulture, to protect and preserve our natural resources, to provide educational opportunities, to contribute responsibly to civic and environmental needs, and to enjoy the fellowship of our members.
National and Regional Organizations — We are members of:
- National Garden Clubs, Inc. — www.gardenclub.org
- New England Garden Clubs, Inc— www.newenglandgc.org
- Garden Club Federation of Maine — www.mainegardenclubs.org
- St. Croix District Garden Clubs — sites.google.com/site/stcroixdistrictgardenclubs/home
2020 – 2021 Bar Harbor Garden Club Officers
- Jane Sanderson, President
- Kim Zdenek, Vice President
- Linda Uberseder, Secretary
- Deb Smith, Treasurer
TRUST ─ Bar Harbor Horticultural Society
TRUSTEE ─ Inge Weber Memorial Scholarship
TRUSTEE ─ Nell Goff Memorial Scholarship, St. Croix District
TRUSTEE ─ Peter H. Dolliver Legacy Scholarship
TRUST ─ Petite Plaisance (Marguerite Yourcenar)