Follow Us on Facebook
2020 Community Events
- May 12-16, 91st Annual NGC 2020 Convention in Milwaukee, WI.
- May 16 St. Croix District Meeting. Hosted by Ellsworth Garden Club, Moore Community Center, Ellsworth.
- May 25, Blue Star Memorial Marker Ceremony & Wreath Placement, Route 3, Bar Harbor, Time: TBD.
- June 7-13, National Garden Week.
- June 13, Wild Gardens of Acadia Plant Sale, YMCA, Bar Harbor. Time: 9:00 AM - Noon.
- June 15-17, GCFM 89th Annual Convention, Atlantic Oceanside, Bar Harbor, Maine. Hosted by: St. Croix District.
- July 4th, BHGC Pie Sale, BH Athletics Field
- October 13-14, New England Regional Garden Club Annual Meeting, Wells, ME.
- October 29 GCFM Fall Conference, Augusta Civic Center, ME.
- November 11, Blue Star Memorial Marker Wreath Placement. Route 3, Bar Harbor. Time: 11 AM.
- November TBD, Christmas Decorating at Woodlawn Museum, 19 Black House Dr., Ellsworth, Maine.
Club Supported Projects
- Beatrix Farrand Garden at Garland Farm
- Blue Star Memorial Marker
- Butterfly Garden at Charlotte Rhodes Park
- Land and Garden Preserve
- SCHOLARSHIPS: Inge Weber Memorial, Nell Goff Memorial, Student Conservation Assoc., The Peter H. Dolliver Legacy
- SCHOOLS: Connors Emerson Elementary, Frenchboro, Mount Desert Elementary, Pemetic Elementary, Trenton Elementary, Tremont Consolidated School, MDI High School
- Mount Desert Historical Heirloom Garden
- Valentine Tray Favors for Local Nursing Homes
- Wild Gardens of Acadia
Category Archives: Gardening
Trenton Elementary School principal, Mr. Michael Zboray, is pictured with Ms. Snow Ross’ third grade class who participates in the nationwide “Farm to School Program.” This USDA program encourages schools to teach children about where their food comes from and … Continue reading
Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 1 p.m. Birch Bay Village Inn, 25 Village Inn Road, Bar Harbor Acadia’s Elfin Forest: Bryophytes & Lichens Adjunct Professor Fred Olday of College of the Atlantic will give a presentation at the Bar Harbor … Continue reading
Thursday, November 8, 2018 at 1 p.m. Birch Bay Village Inn, 25 Village Inn Road, Bar Harbor Courtney Hammond to Discuss Maine’s Cranberry Industry Courtney Hammond of Lynch Hill Farms will address the Bar Harbor Garden Club’s meeting on Thursday … Continue reading
Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 1 p.m. Birch Bay Village Inn, 25 Village Inn Road, Bar Harbor Nutritional, Medicinal & Environmental Benefits Middle Earth Mushrooms will discuss the production of mushrooms at the Bar Harbor Garden Club’s meeting on … Continue reading
1:00 PM, Thursday, September 13, 2018 Turrets Administration Building, College of the Atlantic (COA) Route 3, Bar Harbor Teaghan Rose, COA Gardening Club Co-chair, will be the speaker at the Bar Harbor Garden Club’s September meeting. Her presentation will describe … Continue reading