Follow Us on Facebook
2021 Community Events
... should CDC Guidelines permit.
2021 BHGC Garden Tour on Saturday, July 17, 10 am to 4 pm
- May 31, Memorial Day Observance, at Blue Star Memorial Marker, Route 3, Bar Harbor, Time: TBD.
- June 14 - 16, GCFM 2021 Annual Convention. Hosted by St. Croix District, at Atlantic Oceanside, Bar Harbor.
- June 25, Open house at Charlotte Rhoades Butterfly Garden, Southwest Harbor.
Club Supported Projects
- Beatrix Farrand Garden at Garland Farm
- Blue Star Memorial Marker
- Butterfly Garden at Charlotte Rhodes Park
- Land and Garden Preserve
- SCHOLARSHIPS: Inge Weber Memorial, Nell Goff Memorial, Student Conservation Assoc., The Peter H. Dolliver Legacy
- SCHOOLS: Connors Emerson Elementary, Frenchboro, Mount Desert Elementary, Pemetic Elementary, Trenton Elementary, Tremont Consolidated School, MDI High School
- Mount Desert Historical Heirloom Garden
- Valentine Tray Favors for Local Nursing Homes
- Wild Gardens of Acadia
Category Archives: preservation
A Little Engine That Could: A Small Organization’s Role Fostering Conservation and Community Connections Friday, October 9, 2020 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm La Rochelle, 127 West Street, Bar Harbor Speaker: Billy Helprin, Director, Somes-Meynell Wildlife Sanctuary, Somesville, Maine The Somes-Meynell … Continue reading
Youth Activities — Spring / Summer 2020 The Bar Harbor Garden Club continued its donation of apple trees to schools in the Mount Desert Island community and the outer island schools. Although the schools were not in session in late … Continue reading
Thursday, September 10, at 1 p.m. — Please join us for a Virtual Zoom Presentation — Our garden club’s first presentation of fall 2020 is fast approaching! On Thursday, September 10th at 1 p.m., Lucy Quimby and Kathy Pollard will … Continue reading
1:00 PM, Thursday, September 13, 2018 Turrets Administration Building, College of the Atlantic (COA) Route 3, Bar Harbor Teaghan Rose, COA Gardening Club Co-chair, will be the speaker at the Bar Harbor Garden Club’s September meeting. Her presentation will describe … Continue reading